The Resource "...And this is my garden"
- "...And this is my garden"
- Statement of responsibility
- a film by Katharina Stieffenhofer in association with Buffalo Gal Pictures Inc
- Vegetable gardening -- Study and teaching -- Manitoba | Wabowden
- Organic Agriculture -- education -- Manitoba
- Community gardens -- Manitoba | Wabowden
- Gardens -- Educational aspects -- Manitoba | Wabowden
- Urban agriculture -- Manitoba | Wabowden
- Gardening -- education -- Manitoba
- Vegetables -- Manitoba
- Woitowicz, Eleanor
- Monias, Bonnie
- Eleanor Woitowicz and Bonnie Monias, both teachers at Mel Johnson School, in Wabowden, Northern Manitoba are literally breaking new ground in education and are growing a healthier community in the process. Over the past 4 years the teachers have established 58 small vegetable gardens right in their students' backyards. This documentary film follows the teachers and their students for a season of seeding, planting, harvesting, preserving and ultimately celebration of the fruits of their labour at the school's annual community harvest display and feast. The film, set in the small northern community of Wabowden, Manitoba, follows schoolteacher Eleanor Woitowicz as she spearheads an education based sustainable food movement called the Mel Johnson School Gardening Project. The initiative, based on the Frontier School Division's science curriculum "Veggie Adventures" was introduced into the Mel Johnson School in 2006. Woitowicz teaches students how to take care of their own backyard vegetable gardens and reap the rewards of growing their own organic foods. Students develop valuable skills in sustainable food production, healthy lifestyle choices and food preparation, while fostering a sense of responsibility, pride and increased self-esteem
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Producer, Katharina Stieffenhofer ; associate producer Jean du Toit ; written by John Gurdebeke, Katharina Stieffenhofer ; cinematography by Bryan Sanders, John Gurdebeke, Claude Savard, Dave Kornachuk ; editor and sound design, John Gurdebeke ; sound recording, Marvin Polanski, Norman Dugas, Daniel Girard ; voiceover recording, Jeff Gillman ; animation graphics, Jonathan van Winkle ; history consultant, Raymond Shirritt-Beaumont
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .A53 2010
- NLM call number
- SB 457.3
- NLM item number
- A53a 2010 AV
- Music composed by Richard Moody, performed by Richard Moody and Helan Rosenthal ; traditional reels "Whiskey Before Breakfast, " "Big John McNeil, " "Devil's Dream, " "Bowing the Strings, " written by Ned Landry, performed by Mel Johnson School Fiddlers ; traditional reels "Joe Couley's & Jackie Coleman's, " "Star of Munster, " performed by Bryant Henderson ; "St. Anne's Reel" performed by Richard Moody ; "The Symptoms" performed by The Bokononists, written by Rene Campbell, Johnny Calderon, Bobby Desjarlais and Jed Desilets
- live action
ContextContext of "...And this is my garden"
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work "...And this is my garden"
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.umanitoba.ca/resource/Lu-4XkhRMx4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.umanitoba.ca/resource/Lu-4XkhRMx4/">"...And this is my garden"</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.umanitoba.ca/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.umanitoba.ca/">University of Manitoba Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by University of Manitoba Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...